At John T. Green DDS Inc., we are trained and committed to creating a safe environment for your child so they can receive the oral care they need to develop lifelong healthy habits. From Dayton to across the country and internationally, we welcome all patients to experience outstanding customer service and tailored treatment plans. If your child is scheduled to have an appointment, or if you would like to ask our staff any questions or schedule an appointment, please contact us today.
What a Pediatric Dentist Does
Our approach to pediatric dentistry is multifaceted, but everything we do is designed to support and improve your child’s oral health and help them develop good hygiene practices. For newborns, we are especially focused on helping parents learn the proper care and maintenance of baby teeth, which is critical for your child to develop proper speech development, proper chewing habits, and have proper space and health for permanent teeth as they grow older.
We are also committed to providing you and your child support in the following areas:
- Monitoring growth: One of the most important services we can provide to your child is consistent tracking and evaluation of their development and growth. This consistent monitoring also increases the likelihood of catching potential issues before they develop.
- Education: In addition to providing hands-on services, we also value the importance of educating your child on the importance of practicing good oral hygiene to maintain strong and healthy teeth. We are equally invested in helping you, the parents, be aware of best practices concerning hygiene at home, best eating habits, and steps you can take to preventing diseases from developing.
- Prevention: One of the best ways to address oral health issues is to prevent them from developing in the first place. This can best be achieved through diet and consistent oral hygiene at home, as well as scheduling regular checkups.
- Intervention: Even children who practice perfect oral hygiene maintenance at home can face unexpected issues with development, such as malocclusion, oral injury, or bruxism. If this is the case, we will discuss what interventions or procedures are best for your child.
In addition to our traditional pediatric supports, we are also able to provide highly specialized pediatric dentistry interventions for your child at every age, from newborn to teenager. These supports include addressing the issue of baby bottle tooth decay, eruption of your child’s first teeth, selecting the best toothpaste for your child, helping your child develop a good diet to promote oral health, and much more.
My Child’s Appointment
Every child will have unique needs that will change as they grow older. Many parents begin bringing their child to dental appointments around one year of age, but if you notice them experiencing any discomfort or pain, schedule an appointment and we will be happy to determine that their teeth are growing properly.
At your child’s visit, our first priority will be to make sure they are comfortable. We will avoid using any trigger words such as “drill”, “needle”, or “shot”. We will also help reduce their anxiety through the use of games or humorous interactions. Once your child has demonstrated that they are at ease, we will begin evaluating their mouth, looking for any signs of pain or unusual development. We will also evaluate their bite, gums, and look for any signs of bacteria. If necessary, we will also take an X-ray to determine if there are any additional issues.
In addition to providing this comprehensive diagnostic check, we will also use this time to provide you with tips and tricks for helping your child address any issues they may be facing and answer any questions you may have about how to best improve or support their oral health.
Develop Proper Oral Hygiene Care Early
We are happy to provide your child with the oral health care support they need, but the most important thing you can do to help your children develop and maintain good oral hygiene is to give them the proper supports at home.
Every child will face unique needs and challenges, but in general, following these best practices will ensure that your child has a happy, healthy smile:
- Begin brushing your child’s tooth/teeth as soon as it/they arrives
- Have your child drink water after milk or formula
- To prevent possible decay and jaw growth issues, begin weaning your child from breastfeeding/bottled milk and thumb sucking around one year of age.
- Instruct your children in proper brushing techniques as soon as possible. In addition to teaching them proper techniques, be sure to monitor their brushing and provide feedback on proper technique.
- Limit sugary drinks or foods, especially before going to bed
Cost of Pediatric Dentistry
The final cost of your child’s procedure will be determined by a variety of factors, such as the severity of their case and what type of dental plan you are currently enrolled in. Our office does accept cash, most major credit cards, money orders, and personal checks.
If your child’s treatment plan requires more comprehensive dental work and you want to discuss financial arrangements, please feel free to contact our office to discuss CareCredit. CareCredit helps patients pay for procedures and treatments that are not covered by insurance by offering low minimum monthly payments and No Interest* financing so you can get what you want, when you want it. Applying for Care Credit only takes three simple steps and can provide instant approval.
If you have any additional questions regarding payments, dental insurance coverage, or available financial options, please contact our office and we will be happy to help.
For Beautiful, Healthy Smiles, Contact Us Today!
At John T. Green DDS Inc., we believe a healthy smile is a beautiful smile. We are committed to providing your child with the support they need to develop good oral hygiene habits early on. We will take the time to explain and educate you about the importance of your child’s health care and answer any questions you may have about your child’s treatment so you can make the best decision for their smile.
With his attention-to-detail for providing high aesthetic results to restoring the health of patients’ teeth and gums, at John T. Green DDS Inc you are in experienced hands. Take your first step towards helping your child develop a beautiful, healthy smile today and schedule an appointment by contacting our office by phone at 937.293.3402 or fill out our online form.